Verde Valley Habitat for Humanity Acceptable ReStore Donations
- Washers, Dryers, Ranges, Ovens, Refrigerators, Water Heaters, Microwaves, Air Conditioners, Heaters, Water Softeners, Wood Stoves (no older than 10 years) and small countertop appliances in working order.
- TVs, Radios, DVD, CD and VCR players (8 years or newer). Units must be Cable ready and/or HD compatible.
- Individual cabinets or full sets (kitchen, bathroom), countertops (no cracks or structural breaks). Cabinets must have all drawers, doors and hardware and be in stable condition with minimal damage. We accept any wood working quality dimensional lumber pieces, moldings and trim.
- Silk plants, framed art work, wood blinds (with hardware), throw rugs (if in clean condition and no stains), knickknacks.
- Pre-hung or door slabs, bi-fold or shutter style doors with hardware. Doors must be in good shape and have no physical damage. Storm and screen doors are accepted with all necessary mounting frames. Sorry, no patio doors.
- Residential items only-electrical plugs, switches, blue boxes, plate covers and new breakers. Sorry we cannot accept commercial items.
- We no longer accept computers, printers or faxes. Copy machines on a case-by-case basis. Antique typewriters only. Other electronic items 5 years or newer and in working condition.
- New remnants or like new carpet (must be under 5 years of age); throw rugs in good condition; ceramic, stone/slate tile, vinyl flooring and hardwood flooring if in useable sq. footage.
- Sofas, loveseats, chairs, dining room tables and chairs, dining rooms sets, hutches, dressers, armoires, entertainment centers, patio furniture, headboards and frames, coffee/end tables, office desks and chairs, night stands, bookshelves and other items of furniture are gladly accepted, must be in good condition.
- Small working hand tools, rolls of chicken wire, fencing trellises, hoses and sprayers. Mowers, edgers and trimming tools in working condition are accepted as well.
- New in packaging or if used in complete sets. We accept nails and screws (if not rusty).
- We gladly accept holiday décor items in good condition.
- Dishes, cookware, tablecloths, napkins, placemats, curtains, silverware, glasses, cups, small kitchen appliances
- Should be current in style and in working condition. Exterior and interior wall sconces, table and floor lamps are accepted. Exterior landscape lamps and wall sconces are accepted with all mounting brackets and accessories needed to install.
- New dimensional – 4ft minimum length; new sheet goods- ½ sheets or full sheets only, particle, OSB press wood, ply or paneling. Trim and molding in 4ft or longer sticks.
- How-to-items that instruct how to build, plan, install, remodel. We also accept books (fiction and non-fiction), music (CDs and cassettes) and movies (VHS, DVDs and CDs).
- Any musical instrument in working order.
- Federal law will not allow us to accept partial cans of paint. We can however accept full pint, quart, gallons or 5 gallons containers. Paint additives and cleaning liquids are also accepted if full. You may add like colors and types of paint to obtain full capacity.
- Toilets (must be low flush 1.6 gallon with no leaks or tank cracks). Any new item, stainless or fiberglass sinks only, fiberglass shower enclosures in clean and installable condition; complete faucets sets; fitting and supplies must be new or near new. Standard steel tubs.
- Full bundles of shingles only; ¾ to full rolls of roofing felt. Vents and returns must be clean and in working condition. Full rolls of insulation only.
- Exercise equipment and sporting goods in decent condition and working order (except golf clubs).
- Hand or power (if electrical) must be in good working condition with no frayed cords.
Vanity Cabinets and Tops
- Complete vanity sets are gladly accepted; vanity cabinet bases only are also accepted. Working faucets also accepted.
- We accept dual pane windows in frames only. Windows can have no missing or broken glass, vapor leaks or missing hardware.
ITEMS WE DO NOT ACCEPT
Mattresses and box springs; bed linens (unless new); clothing; hazardous materials and chemicals;TVs and other electronics older than 8 years;cell phones; appliances older than 10 years; manufacturer-recalled items; single pane windows; unframed mirrors or glass;mini-blinds; computers, printers or faxes; golf clubs;broken or non-functional items.
Please call our Restore at (928) 649-6788 and ask for Restore Manager or Restore Supervisor if you wish to donate an item that is not on this list. Thank you for thinking of Habitat for Humanity.
RECYCLE – REUSE – REBUILD – Keep the environment clean and the earth green!
Landlord and city fines are excessive so please do not drop off items after hours!